Micato Safaris – #1 World’s Best Safari Outfitter
Why Choose a Luxury Safari with Micato?
How does a luxury safari company amaze and excel for more than 50 years? By a cheerfully relentless dedication to service and innovation… one of the reasons why Travel+Leisure says Micato treats their guests like well-loved family. Those familial values inspire the many Micato Differences.
What Makes Micato Different?
- Travel+Leisure has named Micato the #1 World’s Best Safari Outfitter an unprecedented nine times. They were also named Travel+Leisure World’s Best Value on every poll ever taken and they’re the only tour operator in Travel+Leisure’s Hall of Fame.
- Micato Africa founders Felix and Jane Pinto are native Kenyans who live in Africa. They, along with the rest of the Micato team, are available to consult with you at any time about whatever you may want or need. And the Pinto Family’s long history and established standing throughout Africa enables “only with Micato” access to extraordinary people, places, and experiences.
- Dine at home with the Pintos. Share a meal with Felix and Jane Pinto in Nairobi or with Pinto family friends in Cape Town or Johannesburg. You’ll get a rare and beloved insider’s view of Africa while experiencing a truly authentic African feast.
- Itineraries perfected by generations of experience and local knowledge.
- Extensive safety protocols perfected by 55 years of on-the-ground expertise.
- Luxurious camps and lodges – obsessively, continually curated.
- Only Micato includes a highly-credentialed, Silver or Gold-level Safari Director on every trip in East Africa — in addition to a well-versed Driver Guide. Two dynamic, exuberant experts instead of the solitary driver most companies provide.
- Only Micato offers a wonder-working Concierge Team on safari, available in person or phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week, from just about anywhere a Micato safari will take you, from deep in the bush to downtown Nairobi. They’re poised to meet last-minute, unexpected, and unusual requests. Forgot a prescription? Lost your reading glasses? Craving your favourite snack? Just pick up the phone.
- No tipping. Ever. No exceptions. Years ago Micato established the groundbreaking industry policy of including all gratuities, even substantial ones to Safari Directors, Driver-Guides, Trackers and Rangers, in addition to their usual inclusions of waiters, porters… and everyone else, from beginning to end of your luxury safari. They’ve completely removed the anxiety about when to reach into your pocket for a gratuity, as well as figuring out how much.
- All meals included, too. Moreover, you may decide on-the-spot to dine at a restaurant of your choice on a Micato Custom Safari and they’ll happily pick up the tab. Africa has astonishing culinary choices and there are virtually no limits to where and how often you can indulge. And no worries about making reservations or finding hot spots before you travel; they’ve got that covered; perhaps one reason SAVEUR magazine named Micato Safaris Best Culinary Tour Operator.
- Drinks are on them during mealtimes. East and South Africa have an evolving selection of regional wines and craft beer, so they’re delighted to include wine and beer as well as bottled water, and soft drinks. And in Southern Africa they often pick up the tab for spirits, too.
- Valet laundry service included everywhere, every day. You can pack less and even return home with a bag of clean clothes… now that’s luxury.
- Their small-group, boutique luxury safaris never number more than 18 guests and quite often only 12, or fewer. That means more personalized attention from your Micato Safari Directors and Driver-Guides at every turn.
- Every Micato Safaris departure is 100% guaranteed to operate, even with just one guest. They have never cancelled a trip.
- With Micato, you’re always connected… their safari vehicles throughout Africa have complimentary Wi-Fi. You won’t have to wait hours to share your safari snaps with friends. And when you tag your social media posts with #micatosafaris they’ll help you rub in the fact that you’re having the time of your life.
Contact us today to book your once-in-a-lifetime safari with Micato!
** EXCLUSIVE BONUS **
Earn 10,000 Bonus Travel Rewards points when booking this special – Simply provide promo code National2021 to one of our Travel Advisors!
** PLUS **
Complimentary iFLYSmart Healthy Travel Kit
We want to help you minimize risk and reach your destination as happy and healthy as possible!
The Healthy Kit includes:
- Antiseptic wipes (8 counts)
- Hydrating facial wipes (5 counts)
- Face mask
- Headrest cover
- Lip balm (0.15 oz)
- Sleep mask and Earplugs
Didn’t book your vacation with us? Simply stop by one of our locations with a copy of your international flight reservation for a complimentary kit as well, and keep us in mind for your next adventure!